The Tygron Geodesign Platform can now be used by educational institutions free of charge. Both students and teachers have access to the entire tool and the opportunity to test all geographical issues in real-life situations. A great chance for students to gain experience, enhance their CVs and improve their positions in the job market. Already over 50 educational institutions worldwide are working with the Tygron Platform.
The Tygron Platform is fully integrated software designed to provide accurate and fast calculations of complex geographical data. An area is directly shown in a 3D representation based on GIS data. Any changes in data are calculated fast as lightning and transparently presented on the 3D map. The cardinal calculation models and modules, developed in close cooperation with the planning sector, constantly produce accurate and up-to-date data.
Any decisions in spatial planning are based on geographic processes. The benefits and detrimental aspects for the area, the risks and the proceeds for all the stakeholders are continuously considered in any aspects such as urban planning, landscape architecture, water management and the environment.
A Geodesign tool such as the Tygron Platform is essential to facilitating the complex interaction between nature and humans. Not surprisingly, the Tygron Platform is increasingly used in business, by the public authorities and district water authorities. We have consequently noticed a surge in the number of vacancies requiring experience with the Tygron Platform.
What comes with your new licence?
- Parallel backup of 30 projects. This allows groups of students (3 or 4 per project) to work on projects together.
- The maximum dimensions per project are 1 kilometer x 1 kilometer.
- Loading 200 new projects without saving.
- Climate game and several demo projects are supplied as a standard.
- Can be used on an international level.
What we ask in return:
The Tygron platform has a very active user community. We ask users of the educational license to contribute to this community as much as possible by:
- Using the Tygron Forum for sharing questions and experiences: https://community.tygron.com/forum/categories
- Sharing your plan of how to adopt the software in the curriculum, as well as student reports on the Tygron website as information for other schools.
- Joining or contributing to our yearly educational event: https://www.tygron.com/en/2020/04/14/tygron-edu-event-2020-share-and-inspire/
Are you interested and would you like to join the trial with your educational institution, or should you like to receive further information? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.