WIN 1500 EUROS!
Enter the Tygron Student Contest 2019 and show us how you would tackle the biggest problems facing our world today with your vision of a bright and sustainable tomorrow.
Tygron believes in transparency, democracy and sustainability in urban planning. We created the Tygron Platform with those ideas firmly integrated in the core. We provide the ideal tool to assess the present day situation, plan for the future and work together with all stakeholders to achieve a bright tomorrow for everyone.
We full-heartedly support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. The 17 goals address global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate, environmental degradation, prosperity, and peace and justice. Tygron aims to be part of the solution.
And that’s where you come in.
Create a project that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals. You are free to choose what kind of project you would like to do. As long as you use the Tygron Geodesign Platform to its full capacity. That means exploring all its options and working with the extensive data sets and indicators included in the software. We do however strongly urge you to collect and use your own data and indicators as well. It will definitely impress our judges.
The submission will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clear and well defined goal
- Use of (your own) data
- Use of (your own) indicators
- Complete description of the project, including the workflow and evaluation.
The Tygron Geodesign Platform is a software suite that is free of charge for all students and has the full functionality of the commercial release. To get you started on the Platform you can use our extensive wiki, forum and video tutorials. Here you will find all the information you need. If you still have trouble finding what you need, please post your question on the forum and we will gladly help you on your way.
APPLY NOW AND WIN!
Apply now by sending an email with your name (and the name of your teammates) plus the name of your school to email@example.com . And hurry up because we only accept 500 entries. You’ll receive more information about the contest and the Tygron Platform by mail. The contest starts on march 1st and the deadline is may 31st 2019. A jury of experts in the field will decide on the winners. First prize wins 1500 Euros, second place 500 Euros and third place 250 Euros.
Meet our jury:
- Prof. Erwin van der Krabben; Chairman; Professor of Planning and Property Development in the Department of Planning (Radboud University) and Professor of Real Estate in the School of the Built Environment (University of Ulster, Belfast, Northern Ireland).
- Wessel Tiessens; Partner Urban Sync. Urban Sync is consultant for urban development. Wessel is an Urban Planner and a creative developer with years of experience in spatial projects.
- Florian Witsenburg (CEO Tygron), guest lecturer in Software Use for Community Engagement at the Peking University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, Oxford University and UNESCO-IHE
Whether we like it or not, cities are the future. Today, more than half of the world’s population live in urban areas and that number is rising rapidly. Every week 1.5 million people are added to the urban population. It is expected that in 10 years around 60% of the global population live in urban areas.
That puts enormous strains on the environment, because while cities are the center of the economy (generating over 85% of the global GDP), cities also consume 75% of the natural resources and account for 80% of global greenhouse gas emissions. With the rapid expansion of urban areas in the future, the need for sustainable cities is more urgent than ever.